I just came back from two relaxing week I spent in the island of Formentera, close to Ibiza, and I couldn’t help but write an entry about the island style, hoping to provide inspiration for your vacation outfits. In the meantime, I will not give in to the idea that I am back from my holidays in the humidity of the city, and keep sporting more casual outfit, trying to prolongate the benefits of the last couple of weeks! So, here are my rules for the perfect, yet savage, seaside outfit.
1. Jewellery is a no-no. I accept only thin leather strap bracelets and invisible strands of gold or silver. Also, no earrings on the beach, they’re uncomfortable and leave an annoying tan mark on your ear, but they’re fun to play for the evenings.
2. No fluorescent bikinis, no matter how much they’re in style right now. Stay on the safe side with a discrete, yet sartorial bikini (think Eres), comfortable for the long swims that await you in the Mediterranean sea (or elsewhere).
3. Kaftans are always in fashion, but stick with monochrome styles, with no adornments on them.
4. Ripped boyfriend shorts, to be paired with a loose tee by Alexander Wang or the classic white tank.
5. Flip flops in neutral colours, or espadrilles– it’s up to you whether to go with the big brands versions, such as Chanel or Valentino, or the artisanal ones as cheap as 10 euros.
5. Panama hats are amuse, they protect you from the sun (being too tanned is so Jersey Shore!) and make sure your hair are in a safe place when it’s time for happy hour!
6. Straw bag, you’ll abuse of it! I keep using mine here in the city, it makes me feel like Jane Birkin. Of course, stay clear of the ones that have applications or jewellery on them, you don’t want to end up looking like Snooki…
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.